The Education Access Team has responsibility, under Section 19 of The Education Act 1996 (as amended by the Children and Families Act 2010) for commissioning suitable education for pupils who are unable to attend school.
The broad functions of The Education Access Team are:
- Responsibility for commissioning and monitoring suitable education for permanently excluded pupils, and for other pupils, who, because of illness or other reasons, would not receive appropriate education without such provision.
- Supporting schools and pupils where behavioural difficulties are preventing pupils from accessing relevant education.
- The provision of training and advice to schools on exclusion matters; including specific Governor training.
- Attending Governing Body Meetings where pupil exclusions are considered.
- Supporting and advising parents where pupils on school rolls are not receiving appropriate education.
Related Documents and Links:
For queries regarding the below subjects, please email the relevant address -