One of the first and most important areas of education is regular school attendance. An Attendance Essential Guidance document has been developed to support this, and is regularly reviewed.
As a team we aim to:
- improve outcomes for children and young people in education through maximising school attendance
- support schools to encourage early intervention to improve attendance
- support schools to develop strategies in relation to school absence
- offer information, advice and guidance
- offer advice on pre-referral work to ensure positive outcomes
Please make use of the full range of information and services available to you on this website. Information relating to Legal Action, the Essex Code of Conduct, Elective Home Education, Children Missing Education and Statutory Admissions and Deletions from roll can be found under the Education Compliance section.
Further information on the roles and responsibilities of the Attendance Specialist Team and Attendance Compliance Team.
- Mid Team (incl. Chelmsford, Braintree, Maldon) - email@example.com / 0333 032 2968 - option 2
- North East Team (incl. Clacton, Colchester, Harwich) - firstname.lastname@example.org / 0333 032 2968 - option 1
- South Team (incl. Brentwood, Basildon, Castle Point, Rochford) - email@example.com / 0333 032 2968 - option 3
- West Team (incl. Harlow, Saffron Walden, Waltham Abbey, Ongar) - firstname.lastname@example.org / 0333 032 2968 - option 4