Newly Qualified Teachers statutory induction AY 2020/21
Essex County Council is an Appropriate Body. We are providing support to schools to meet their statutory duties for NQT Induction.
The service we will provide includes
- All registrations and returns to the TRA
- Access to 'NQT Manager', our dynamic support portal
- Telephone and email helpline, including named contact for confidential issues
- Free NQT course:
‘What you need to know about your statutory NQT induction’
- Free NQT co-ordinator/mentor course: 'Planning for your NQT's Induction Year'
access to Trauma Perceptive Practice (TPP) training. This is the Essex approach
to understanding behaviour and supporting emotional wellbeing
- Expert quality assurance of the induction process ensuring support entitlements are being met
- Monitoring of all end of term reports for NQTs
- We have an experienced NQT panel which decides to pass, fail or extend an NQTs induction period
will provide support for NQTs deemed vulnerable or struggling
New for 2020-21
- Ability to buy into a virtual NQT CPD library. This will include an initial online diagnostic tool to identify the NQT's training needs. Further details below.
- Essex AB can offer your NQT a CPD package in line with
the ECF early rollout training programme. Further details below.
Fees for NQT Induction
By registering your NQT with us you are agreeing to pay:
- £375 per NQT for NQT Induction package (includes NQT CPD library)
- £345 per NQT for NQT Induction only
Essex AB will invoice the full fee following registration of your NQT on our NQT manager portal.
How to Register your NQTs
To register your NQT with Essex AB for NQT induction please visit the Essex NQT Manager website.
NQT CPD Library
The NQT Library provides digital training and development courses.
The NQT Library is available to Essex AB NQTs whose school has signed them up to the NQT induction and CPD package.
An individual licence includes:
- access to all the CPD courses in the library from September 2020 to August 2021
- technical and administration support
- progress data
- access to updates or new publications made available through the period
- a digital badge for every CPD course completed
- access to a diagnostic self-evaluation questionnaire assessing individuals needs
More information about the NQT Library.
CPD Package (Essex AB NQTs only)
Online CPD twilight sessions through the Saffron teaching school hub.
£30 per NQT per session.
Spring term 2021:
- Metacognition - The Science of Learning: Tue 23 Mar, 3.40pm-4.50pm
Summer term 2021:
- Behaviour for learning: Tue 27 Apr, 3.40pm-4.50pm
- Effective relationships with parents and support staff: Tue 15 June, 3.40pm-4.50pm
NQT Plus 'Opt In' Courses
Available for NQTs/schools registered with Essex AB for Induction: half day (HD) £50 or twilight £30.
Available for all other NQTs, RQTs and schools: half day £70 or twilight £50
Summer Term 2021:
- Science Part 1: Mon 7 Jun, Half day, 1.00pm-4.00pm
- Music: Tue 8 Jun, Half day, 1.00pm-4.00pm (will take place at St Thomas More's, Colchester)
- Science Part 2: Mon 14 June, Half day, 1.00pm-4.00pm
All Phases (Essex AB NQTs only)
- Behaviour Management workshop (delivered over 2 half days)
- Behaviour Management Workshop 2 - Part 1 Thurs 4 Mar 2021, Half Day, 13.30-16.00
- Behaviour Management Workshop 2 - Part 2 Thurs 22 Apr 2021, Half Day, 13.30-16.00
Continuation to Masters - Applications now closed for 2020-21
Essex County Council is working with The University of Derby to offer a Masters in Education.
NQTs, RQTs and teachers with a PGCE can register for a Postgraduate Diploma in Education. There is then the opportunity to progress to a full Masters the following year.
To register your interest for 2021-22 please contact EssexNQT@essex.gov.uk
- Post Graduate Diploma (PG Dip)
NASBTT accredited mentoring courses
NASBTT accredited Level 2 Advanced mentoring course is aimed at more experienced mentors and those who have attended our level 1 course.
- Session 1 of 3: Tuesday 20 April 2021
- Session 2 of 3: Thursday 6 May 2021
- Session 3 of 3: Tuesday 18 May 2021
For further information on any of the above please contact EssexNQT@essex.gov.uk