Newly Qualified Teachers statutory induction AY 2020/21
Essex is an accredited Appropriate Body and is offering the following service to enable schools/Academies to meet their statutory duties for NQT Induction.
- All registrations and returns to the TRA
- Access to 'NQT Manager', our dynamic support portal
- Telephone and email helpline, including named contact for confidential issues
- Monitoring of all end of term reports for NQTs
- Experienced NQT panel which decides on pass, fail or extensions to the Induction period
- Free NQT course: 'What you need to know about your statutory NQT induction'
- Free NQT co-ordinator/mentor course: 'Planning for your NQT's Induction Year'
- Support for NQTs deemed vulnerable or struggling (limited to one monitoring visit)
For further information contact the Essex Appropriate Body EssexNQT@essex.gov.uk
By registering your NQT with us you are agreeing to pay £TBA per NQT for one academic year. You will now be invoiced at the start of your NQT's induction period.
NB: There will be an extra £40 administration fee for all Non-UK trained NQT's and Reduced Induction applications.
Please also note that extra support is available in half day units (£350). This could include a second monitoring visit, before the final assessment report is submitted, towards the end of the Induction period.
How to Register your NQTs
In order to register your school/NQT with Essex County
Council appropriate body for NQT induction please visit the Essex NQT Manager website.
Continuation to Masters - Applications now open for 2020-21
Essex County Council is again working in partnership with The University of Derby to offer a Masters in Education.
NQTs, RQTs and teachers with a PGCE can register for a Postgraduate Diploma in Education with the opportunity to progress to a full Masters the following year.
For further information contact Essex Appropriate Body EssexNQT@essex.gov.uk
Information about your rights on your personal data can be found in the GDPR document.