Newly Qualified Teachers statutory induction AY 2020/21
Essex County Council is an Appropriate Body. We are providing support to schools to meet their statutory duties for NQT Induction.
The service we will provide includes
- All registrations and returns to the TRA
- Access to 'NQT Manager', our dynamic support portal
- Telephone and email helpline, including named contact for confidential issues
- Free NQT course:
‘What you need to know about your statutory NQT induction’
- Free NQT co-ordinator/mentor course: 'Planning for your NQT's Induction Year'
access to Trauma Perceptive Practice (TPP) training. This is the Essex approach
to understanding behaviour and supporting emotional wellbeing
- Expert quality assurance of the induction process ensuring support entitlements are being met
- Monitoring of all end of term reports for NQTs
- We have an experienced NQT panel which decides to pass, fail or extend an NQTs induction period
will provide support for NQTs deemed venerable or struggling
New for 2020-21
- Ability to buy into a virtual NQT CPD library. This will include an initial online diagnostic tool to identify the NQT's training needs. Further details below.
- Essex AB can offer your NQT a CPD package in line with
the ECF early rollout training programme. Further details below.
Fees for NQT Induction
By registering your NQT with us you are agreeing to pay:
- £375 per NQT for NQT Induction package (includes NQT CPD library)
- £345 per NQT for NQT Induction only
Essex AB will invoice the full fee following registration of your NQT on our NQT manager portal.
How to Register your NQTs
To register your NQT with Essex AB for NQT induction please visit the Essex NQT Manager website.
NQT CPD Library
The NQT Library provides digital training and development courses.
The NQT Library is available to Essex AB NQTs whose school has signed them up to the NQT induction and CPD package.
An individual licence includes:
- access to all the CPD courses in the library from September 2020 to August 2021
- technical and administration support
- progress data
- access to updates or new publications made available through the period
- a digital badge for every CPD course completed
- access to a diagnostic self-evaluation questionnaire assessing individuals needs
More information about the NQT Library.
CPD Package (Essex AB NQTs only)
Online CPD twilight sessions through the Saffron teaching school hub.
Package price for all 8 sessions = £120.00 per NQT or £30 per NQT per session.
Autumn term 2020:
- Well Being; forming good habits and routines: Tue 13 Oct, 3.40pm-4.50pm:
- Smart marking: Tue 17 Nov, 3.40pm-4.50pm:
- Planning for progression; Tue 1 Dec, 3.40pm-4.50pm
Spring term 2021:
- Differentiation: Tue 12 Jan, 3.40pm-4.50pm:
- Assessment for Learning: Tue 2 Feb, 3.40pm-4.50pm:
- Metacognition - The Science of Learning: Tue 23 Mar, 3.40pm-4.50pm:
Summer term 2021:
- Behaviour for learning: Tue 27 Apr, 3.40pm-4.50pm:
- Effective relationships with parents and support staff: Tue 15 June, 3.40pm-4.50pm:
NQT Plus 'Opt In' Courses
Available for NQTs/schools registered with Essex AB for Induction: half day (HD) £50 or twilight £30.
Available for all other NQTs, RQTs and schools: half day £70 or twilight £50
Autumn Term 2020:
- Phonics/Early Reading: Tue 3 Nov, Twilight, 3.30pm-5.00pm
- Spelling: Tue 24 Nov, Twilight, 3.30pm-5.00pm
- Developing Reading Comprehension: Tue 8 Dec, Twilight, 3.30pm-5.00pm
- Maths: Tue 15 Dec, Twilight, 3.30pm-5.00pm
Spring Term 2021:
- KS1 SATs moderation training: Thurs 14 Jan, Half day, 1.00pm-4.00pm
- KS2 SATs moderation training: Thurs 28 Jan, Half day, 1.00pm-4.00pm
- Writing across the curriculum: Tue 9 Feb, Twilight, 3.30pm-5.00pm
Summer Term 2021:
- Science Part 1: Mon 7 Jun, Half day, 1.00pm-4.00pm
- Music: Tue 8 Jun, Half day, 1.00pm-4.00pm (will take place at St Thomas More's, Colchester)
- Science Part 2: Mon 14 June, Half day, 1.00pm-4.00pm
All Phases (Essex AB NQTs only)
- Behaviour Management workshop (delivered over 2 half days)
- Behaviour Management-Part 1 Thurs 7 Jan 2021, Half Day, 13.30-16.00
- Behaviour Management-Part 2 Thurs 4 Feb 2021, Half Day, 13.30-16.00
- Behaviour Management-Part 1 Thurs 4 Mar 2021, Half Day, 13.30-16.00
- Behaviour Management-Part 2 Thurs 22 Apr 2021, Half Day, 13.30-16.00
- SEND (HD) – Dates TBC
- MHFA accredited: Mental Health and Wellbeing (HD) – Dates TBC
Continuation to Masters - Applications now CLOSED for 2020-21
Essex County Council is working with The University of Derby to offer a Masters in Education.
NQTs, RQTs and teachers with a PGCE can register for a Postgraduate Diploma in Education. There is then the opportunity to progress to a full Masters the following year.
To register your interest for 2021-22 please contact EssexNQT@essex.gov.uk
- Post Graduate Diploma (PG Dip)
NASBTT accredited mentoring award
NASBTT accredited Level 1 Effective Mentoring and Coaching
- Aimed at those new to mentoring or who are going to be mentors to ITT trainees or NQTS
NASBTT accredited Level 2 Advanced Mentoring and Coaching
- Aimed at more experienced mentors and those who may have attended our Level 1 course