Newly Qualified Teachers statutory induction AY 2019/20
Essex is an accredited Appropriate Body and is offering the following service to enable schools/Academies to meet their statutory duties for NQT Induction.
Coronavirus - Impact on NQT Induction
Please see the coronavirus update following advice from the Teaching Regulation Agency.
- All registrations and returns to the TRA
- Access to 'NQT Manager', our dynamic support portal
- Telephone and email helpline, including named contact for confidential issues
- Monitoring of all end of term reports for NQTs
- Experienced NQT panel which decides on pass, fail or extensions to the Induction period
- Free NQT course: 'What you need to know about statutory NQT induction in Essex'
- Free NQT co-ordinator/mentor course: 'Planning for your NQT's Induction Year'
- If your NQT is deemed to be vulnerable or struggling, we will provide help in the form of one monitoring visit to include:
- Discussion with the NQT induction tutor to ensure they have carried out all of their statutory roles and have evidence to support their judgement that the NQT is unlikely to meet the Induction standards
- Observation of a lesson(s) delivered by the NQT to quality assure the judgements made by the school
- Discussion with the NQT to listen to their views on the support they have had regarding their statutory entitlement
- Feedback to the NQT and co-ordinator with regard to the next steps to be taken to improve the chance of the NQT meeting the induction standards including making recommendations regarding any additional support that is felt to be needed
(NB: If releasing teachers to travel for courses is an issue for you, if you can host, we may be able to travel to you).
For further information on any of the above, please contact the Essex Appropriate Body on EssexNQT@essex.gov.uk
By registering your NQT with us you are agreeing to pay £330 per NQT for one academic year. You will be invoiced £110 termly for each NQT.
NB: There will be an additional £40 administration fee for all Non-UK trained NQT's and Reduced Induction applications.
Please also note that additional support can be purchased in half day units (£350) and could include for example a second monitoring visit, before the final assessment report is submitted, towards the end of the Induction period.
In order to register your school/NQT with Essex County
Council appropriate body for NQT induction please visit the Essex NQT Manager website.
Essex AB NQT Training Hubs - 'Opt in' courses
Essex AB are excited to announce our NQT training hubs which have been set up across the country to enable all our Essex AB NQTs to have access to quality training from specialist teachers. We want all our NQTs to feel well supported and would like them to be able to increase their knowledge and confidence in order to continue to be successful throughout their NQT year and beyond.
NQT training hub courses are still available to book in the following areas:
- Basildon Hub (Primary only)
- Witham Hub (Primary only)
- Harwich Hub (Secondary only)
The above hub training courses will be available as either half day (£50) or twilight (£30) sessions and as an incentive we can offer our Essex AB schools the opportunity to buy into three sessions and then get another session of the same length (or less) for free, for the same delegate.
The following Essex AB centrally run workshops are still available to book:
Please click on any of the above links for further information/booking forms or email EssexNQT@essex.gov.uk
NASBTT accredited Mentoring courses
These courses will run from 1pm-4.30pm over three afternoons (3 x half day sessions) in Witham.
For schools registered with Essex AB (NQT service) or Essex Teacher Training (ITT programme), the cost will be £150 per delegate, and £120 per additional delegate from the same school, for all three sessions. Other schools will be charged at £200 per delegate and £170 per additional delegate from the same school.
Please email EssexNQT@essex.gov.uk for more details.
Continuation to Masters - Applications now closed for 2019-20
There will be another opportunity to gain a Postgraduate diploma in Education and then the opportunity to progress to full Masters degree the following year with the University of Derby.
Further information regarding course content for 2020-21
For further information please contact Essex Appropriate Body as below:
Tel: 03330 139982
Information about your rights on your personal data can be found in the GDPR document.