Page last updated: 05/02/2019
Employees are most productive when they are working in an environment which supports their health and wellbeing. Understanding the relationship between health and the workplace is fundamental to the success of any organisation. The range of services provided by the ECC Wellbeing team is ideally placed to meet your needs.
We provide comprehensive and professional occupational health support for Employers in a cost effective and timely manner.
We explain what you need to do, why, and how we deliver the services. This is achieved by a proactive approach to the management of health in the work environment.
How do I join?
If you would like to receive our Wellbeing services, please email us on Occupational.Health@essex.gov.uk with your employee headcount so we can confirm your annual subscription fee.
By choosing to join our annual subscription, you are guaranteed quality advice from our specialist practitioners:
- Unlimited Occupational Health assessments with an Occupational Health Advisor and/or Occupational Health Physician - either face to face or via telephone consultation
- Advice provided on fitness to attend work
- Advice on reasonable adjustments, equipment and phased returns to work
- Pre-employment health questionnaire paper assessment and further investigation via telephone assessment if required
- Pre-employment fit to work certificate
- Investigate pre-employment assessment with an Occupational Health Physician
- Stage 1 Ill Health Early Retirement Application with an Occupational Health Advisor with Local Government Pension Scheme experience
- Pre-Assessment on whether counselling would be recommended
We are confident our prices remain competitive in the market place and are committed to ensuring the price of the subscription is as low as possible. From 1st April, we will be increasing our pricing structure by 3.1%, to reflect the rate of inflation to ensure we can continue to provide our service, at the lowest possible price :
- Annual subscription fee - £412 fixed fee, plus a £4.70 fee per employee
- This increase will also apply for services that are not included within the annual subscription.
- Pay as you go option – if you do not want to pay annual subscription fee you will still be able to opt for the pay as you go option.
Pay as you go Customers
Our service can be accessed on a pay as you go basis or via annual subscription. Please contact us for further information on our annual subscription prices.
If you opt to pay as you go you will be invoiced at the end of the month once the service has been completed.
How to Contact Us
For any general enquiries you can contact us on the OH / Counselling Helpline on 03330 135888 Option 1. Alternatively you can email us on:
Where are we based?
Our main site is:
Essex County Council
B2 Wellbeing Centre
PO Box 11, County Hall
However, other clinics are available at:
- Essex House, Colchester
- Epping Registry Office, St John's Road, Epping
- Ely House, Basildon
For Counselling, we have counsellors* available across Essex including:
- Saffron Walden
*subject to availability. For clients who cannot travel, we offer telephone and Skype counselling as an alternative access to the service.
Existing Customers are able to login here: