Page last updated: 07/09/2018
Employees are most productive when they are working in an environment which supports their health and wellbeing. Understanding the relationship between health and the workplace is fundamental to the success of any organisation. The range of services provided by the ECC Wellbeing team is ideally placed to meet your needs.
We provide comprehensive and professional occupational health support for Employers in a cost effective and timely manner.
We explain what you need to do, why, and how we deliver the services. This is achieved by a proactive approach to the management of health in the work environment.
How do I join?
If you would like to receive our Wellbeing services, please email us on Occupational.Health@essex.gov.uk with your employee headcount so we can confirm your annual subscription fee.
By choosing to join our annual subscription, you are guaranteed quality advice from our specialist practitioners:
- Unlimited Occupational Health assessments with an Occupational Health Advisor and/or Occupational Health Physician - either face to face or via telephone consultation
- Advice provided on fitness to attend work
- Advice on reasonable adjustments, equipment and phased returns to work
- Pre-employment health questionnaire paper assessment and further investigation via telephone assessment if required
- Pre-employment fit to work certificate
- Investigate pre-employment assessment with an Occupational Health Physician
- Stage 1 Ill Health Early Retirement Application with an Occupational Health Advisor with Local Government Pension Scheme experience
- Pre-Assessment on whether counselling would be recommended
Existing Annual Subscribers - Pricing 2018/2019
As our current pricing structure has been in place for over five years, we have recently undertaken a fiew to ensure we can continue to provide the best possible services to you while continuing to cover our costs. As a result of the review, we will need to change our current pricing structure for 2018/19.
We are confident our new pricing structure continues to remain competitive in the market place. The changes we have made will ensure you only pay for the services you use, enabling us to keep the price of the subscription as low as possible so we can continue to provide our service.
We will therefore be changing our current pricing structure as follows:
- Annual Subscription Fee - £400 fixed fee, plus a £4.50 fee per employee (instead of a fee per pupil)
- Occupational Health Physician related services - there will be an increase in price for services that are not included within the annual subscription. We are confident they still remain competitive in the market place
- Counselling Service - this service will no longer be included in the annual subscription fee. Instead, you can simply pay for the service as and when you need it
- Customer Contracts - we will be introducing contracts for all annual subscriptions to provide a clear understanding of the service you are purchasing
- Pay as you Go option - if you do not want to pay an annual subscription fee, you will still be able to opt for the pay as you go option
Pay as you go Customers
Our service can be accessed on a pay as you go basis or via annual subscription. Please contact us for further information on our annual subscription prices.
If you opt to pay as you go you will be invoiced at the end of the month once the service has been completed.
To find out more about our Pay as You Go services and pricing please click here.
How to Contact Us..
For any general enquiries - 0333 013 5859 - option 2 and then:
- Option 1 for Occupational Health
- Option 2 for Staff Counselling Service
Where are we based?
Our main site is:
Essex County Council
B2 Wellbeing Centre
PO Box 11, County Hall
However, other clinics are available and these are:
- Essex House, Colchester
- Epping Registry Office, St John's Road, Epping
- Ely House, Basildon
For Counselling, we have counsellors* available across Essex including:
- Saffron Walden
*subject to availability. For clients who cannot travel, we offer telephone and Skype counselling as an alternative access to the service.
Existing Customers are able to login here: