Raising the attainment and progress of children in care is our priority. Developing strong partnerships with schools and educational settings is essential.
· Track attainment and progress of all children who are in care. This includes those placed in schools in other local authorities.
· Support and challenge schools to ensure children in care have opportunities to achieve.
· Ensure that children in care succeed and make accelerated progress.
Education Advisers conduct regular visits to schools to support and challenge. Ofsted has a priority to improve attainment of children in care. The mechanism for this is through school inspections.
· Jane Mills is an established and experienced Teacher/Adviser in Essex.
· Yvonne Daniel is an experienced Deputy Head Teacher. She has SEMH experience across the Primary and Secondary phase.
Jane and Yvonne work with school leaders in Primary Schools, providing support. The aim is to accelerate the academic progress and achievement of children in care. they work with schools to enhance the impact of school leadership in the primary sector.
Visit our Designated Teacher page for more useful links and information.