The school effectiveness team can deliver a number of traded activities for schools beyond the core work. Traded additional support for leaders to support self evaluation processes and preparation for inspection is available to all schools. This could include:
- coaching leaders through the reflective education conversation with the lead inspector
- support for reading, including early reading, 'deep dives' with english leaders
- support for curriculum area and departmental 'deep dives' including SEND and disadvantaged
- support for quality assuring peer reviews
- reviewing the quality of education, safeguarding or any aspect of school improvement
Please refer to your Essex Education Catalogue for full details of all our services.
The traded work is competitively priced. Please take a look at the School Effectiveness Partner Pen Portraits to book the SEP you require. Further information about traded activities that may be of interest to schools can be found below, along with booking details.
The SEP Team are able to offer a range of traded activities which schools may find of use. Traded work will be classed as anything which is not part of a SEPs core work plan. Examples of such traded activities could include:
- Headteacher performance management
- Headteacher Recruitment (in addition to ECC statutory responsibilities)
- Deputy Headteacher / Leader recruitment
- Reviews of Governance
- Collaborative reviews
- Support for challenging parents
- Support to Governing Bodies
- SEN Reviews
- Safeguarding Audits
- Quality Assurance of self-evaluation / school action plans
- Curriculum Support
- Support for Assessment
Any schools/partnerships wishing to discuss traded work beyond the above list, please contact your allocated SEP who will be able to advise on costs and the skills needed for this work.
The School Effectiveness Team have a number of highly skilled practitioners whose Pen Portraits can be found on The School Effectiveness Team page. Please feel free to browse this page if you would like to request a particular member of the team to work with you.
Please note as part of the charges for traded activities, the planning, preparation and administrative time will be calculated and included as part of the rate.
All materials produced by the School Effectiveness Partners / team will remain the property of Essex County Council.
How to book
To book a School Effectiveness Partner (SEP) to visit your school to carry out traded work, please complete the SEP Traded Services booking form.
Before booking, please read the Terms and Conditions. You will also see our costs there. You must then tick to confirm you have read and understood everything.
Preparation, planning and additional paperwork linked to any traded activity will be factored into the rates.
Please note: rates differ for Essex schools (including Academies) and non-Essex schools.