Following the School Improvement Team re-design and the move to working more closely with schools through our School-Led Improvement System, it has enabled the School Effectiveness Team to also deliver a number of traded activities for schools which are beyond their core workplan. Details of what schools can expect to still receive as part of a School Effectiveness Partner's core work is listed below:
- Schools Communications (Education Essex, School
closures, critical incidents, business continuity, etc.)
- Data and intelligence
- Media support
- Schools Infolink
- Informal support for Headteachers / school
leaders (email/telephone/quick drop in visits)
- One day advice and support for Governors in
Headteacher recruitment (maintained schools) (additional support is traded
- Support for structural solutions – federations,
amalgamations and support to the development of multi-academy trusts
Schools can also expect to receive support with the following as applicable:
- Investigating safeguarding complaints
- Attending OFSTED inspections / feedback
- Undertaking an additional responsibility by
agreement and dependant on knowledge and experience
- Bespoke visits to red and amber and yellow schools
- Work with Improvement Boards, Strategic Intervention Boards and Interim Executive Boards
Please see the drop down options below to find further information about traded activities that may be of interest to schools.
The SEP Team are able to offer a range of traded activities which schools may find of use. Traded work will be classed as anything which is not part of a SEPs core work plan. Examples of such traded activities could include:
- Headteacher performance management
- Headteacher Recruitment (in addition to ECC statutory responsibilities)
- Deputy Headteacher / Leader recruitment
- Reviews of Governance
- Collaborative reviews
- Support for challenging parents
- Support to Governing Bodies
- SEN Reviews
- Safeguarding Audits
- Quality Assurance of self-evaluation / school action plans
Any schools/partnerships wishing to discuss traded work beyond the above list, please contact your allocated SEP who will be able to advise on costs and the skills needed for this work.
The School Effectiveness Team have a number of highly skilled practitioners whose Pen Portraits can be found on The School Effectiveness Team page. Please feel free to browse this page if you would like to request a particular member of the team to work with you.
Please note as part of the charges for traded activities, the planning, preparation and administrative time will be calculated and included as part of the rate.
All materials produced by the School Effectiveness Partners / team will remain the property of Essex County Council.
How do I book?
To book a School Effectiveness Partner (SEP) to visit your school to carry out traded work, please complete the booking form below and send in to email@example.com
Before booking, please read the Terms and Conditions below and tick on the booking form to confirm you have read and understood these.
Terms and Conditions:
- An acknowledgement email is sent to the school following a booking request
- Upon completion of the traded activity, the school will be invoiced and a feedback form will be sent via email
- Schools will be charged a fee of £100 for any cancellations
- Cancellations made less than 10 working days prior to the start of the traded activity will be charged at full cost
- We cannot offer any refunds for non attendance at training/traded events, although schools are free to send an alternative delegate
- Refunds do not apply to individual sessions of an event
- We may have to cancel events at short notice as a result of unforeseen circumstances. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule at any time. We will always try to inform schools / delegates of any changes as soon as we are aware of them
What are the costs for Traded Activity?
Please note preparation, planning and additional paperwork linked to any traded activity will be factored into the rates below.
Please also note: rates differ for Essex schools (including Academies) and non-Essex schools.