The School Effectiveness Team works in partnership with all Essex schools and Academies. They aim to raise standards and diminish the achievement gap between different groups and individuals.
The team focuses on moral purpose to meet the needs of all pupils. This is through the collaboration with School Partnerships and Multi-Academy Trusts. The service will provide challenge and support to ensure this aim is met.
- To achieve the highest outcomes for children and the quality of schools
- To develop and embed the maturity of our partnerships working with ASHE, EPHA and ESSET
- Inclusion – a system that can meet the needs of all children. “Inclusive Essex" – securing positive outcomes for all through partnership working
- To ensure we have the highest skilled leaders and governors
- To develop a successful traded service
- To ensure strong partnership working across Essex and the region. Defining the role Essex plays through moral purpose and actions
SEP Support for Schools
The service monitors, challenges and supports all schools in Essex. Each school has a designated School Effectiveness Partner (SEP). Each SEP will provide a bespoke service to meet the needs of schools and partnerships. This includes commissioning appropriate support. The SEP will also support schools that are due an Ofsted inspection, and throughout the Ofsted inspection process.
Take a look at the SEP List to see your schools allocated SEP.
Essex schools are responsible for their own improvement. The expectation is that all schools will monitor and evaluate the quality of education they provide. This includes the standards they achieve for all children. The Local Authority (LA) will challenge and intervene when relevant.
Schools Supporting Schools
Schools should be taking responsibility for their own improvement. Many schools work in partnerships where they work together on self-improvement.
A spreadsheet shows the different partnerships in Essex.
If there are any errors or amendments please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other School Effectiveness Teams
Traded and Core Support
Find information and booking details on the traded and core support page.