The School Effectiveness Team works in partnership with all Essex schools and Academies, in the essential task of raising standards and diminishing the achievement gap between different groups and individuals.
The team focuses on moral purpose to meet the needs of all pupils through the collaboration with School Led Improvement System (SLIS) Partnerships. The service will provide challenege and support to ensure this aim is met.
- To achieve the highest outcomes for children and the quality of schools
- To develop and embed the maturity of the School-led Improvement System and develop ASHE and ESSET engagement
- Inclusion – a system that can meet the needs of all children “Inclusive Essex – securing positive outcomes for all through partnership working
- To ensure we have the highest skilled leaders and governors
- To develop a successful traded service
- To ensure we are skilled in cross phase working and inclusion
- To launch EMAT and develop a sustainable school landscape
- To ensure strong partnership working across Essex and the region and to define the role Essex plays through moral purpose and actions
SEP Support for Schools
The service monitors standards and commissions support across schools in Essex. Each school has a designated School Effectiveness Partner (SEP) who will provide a bespoke service to meet the needs of partnerships, and commission appropriate support. The SEP will also support the school throughout the Ofsted inspection process.
Take a look at the SEP List to see which SEP is assigned to your school.
Essex schools are responsible for their own improvement. The expectation is that all schools will monitor and evaluate the quality of education they provide, and the standards they achieve for all children. However the Local Authority (LA) is required to challenge and intervene when relevant.
Schools Supporting Schools
Where schools are being given more autonomy, and therefore expected to take more responsibility for their own improvement, many are working in partnerships where schools work together on 'self-improvement'. School Partnerships (a spreadsheet updated termly) shows the different partnerships, including LA recognised formal groups, across Essex.
Schools are asked to contact Nicola Woolf (email@example.com) to advise of any errors, where they join / leave a group, or if the lead changes.
Other School Effectiveness Teams
Traded and Core Support
Take a look at the information and booking details for the traded and core support available from SEPs.