The Essex Children and Family Wellbeing Service Plan 2018 - 2021
The Essex Children and Family Wellbeing Service 3 year strategic plan is now available to view here
The Early Years Foundation Stage Profile 2018-2019
The moderation window for the EYFS Profile for statutory moderation visits into schools and moderation activities including training and agreement trialling is open from the week beginning Monday 6th May - Thursday 27th June 2019
DATA SUBMISSION FOR EYFS PROFILE for 2018-19 is from noon Monday 24th June to Friday 28th June 2019
Please click onto the data collections
page for information on how to submit your data return.
Moderation Activities and information for Spring Term 2019
2019 Early Years Foundation Stage Profile Update and Information
- The Department for Education (DfE) has confirmed that the EYFS profile remains statutory
- The EYFS assessment and reporting arrangements (ARA) for 2019 has been published and provides further clarification for EYFS providers and local authorities.
- The Early Years Foundation Stage Profile 2019 Handbook is now available. The handbook contains detailed information about the background and purpose of the profile. It also explains how practitioners should complete the profile. Headteachers and other managers of early years provision should make sure those involved in assessing the EYFS have a thorough understanding of the handbook
- LAs must ensure that all providers are visited regularly as part of a cycle of moderation visits. They must be notified of whether the EYFS profile assessment is being carried out in accordance with requirements. 25% of settings must receive a moderation visit each year.
- The 2019 Foundation Stage Assessment and Reporting Arrangements booklet states that LAs have a statutory duty to ensure the accuracy and consistency of the assessments made by early years providers in their area. They must set up and carry out moderation arrangements to:
- ensure the consistency and accuracy of judgements made by different practitioners
- reassure practitioners that their judgements are accurate, valid and consistent with national standards
- assure moderators that an acceptable level of accuracy and validity has been achieved for assessments recorded and reported by the settings for which they have responsibilities
Please click on the links below to access other useful documents to support you in EYFS Moderation Profile Activities for 2018 -2019.
Please note that as new documents are released from STA they will replace those currently in use below.