The Corporate Health and Safety Team provides a professional health and safety advisory service to schools. The service provides dedicated health and safety support as well as access to health and safety policies, procedures, guidance and templates.
How do I opt out of the Health and Safety Service....
If you currently buy in to the 2018/19 Health & Safety Service it includes automatic rollover to 2019/20 unless you opt out by giving 2 months notice prior to renewal due date (e.g. 31st January 2019). If you wish to opt out
of the Health & Safety service for 2018/19 click here
to be taken to the SLA which includes instructions on how to opt out. If you buy in for 2018/19 and wish to continue buying in you do not need to do anything.
I am a Community or Voluntary Controlled School, How do I access this service?
You are automatically entitled to the services provided by the Corporate Health and Safety Team. If your secure area login doesn't allow you to access the Health and Safety pages, please contact the password team on either email@example.com or 01245 434745. Alternatively, if you do not have a username/password, please complete the Secure Area Nomination Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive login details.
I am an Academy, Foundation, Voluntary Aided, Independent, Free School - How do I access this service?
Full details on the Service and how to buy in can be found here
Why do I need this service?
All schools have a legal, moral and economic duty to ensure the safety of their pupils, employees, visitors, contractors and members of the public. Essex County Council's health and safety service will help you to ensure these duties are fulfilled.
What does the service include?
The health and safety service includes:
- A support desk offering advice and information on health & safety matters.
- Access to the secure health & safety area which contains policies, procedures, guidance, templates and forms.
- Updates on new legislation, HSE guidance and other health & safety news.
- Access to the online Health & Safety monitoring which goes live every November.
- Auditing and Inspections of Community and V/C Schools. Available at additional charge to paying schools.