The Corporate Health and Safety Team provides a professional health and safety advisory service to schools. The service provides dedicated health and safety support as well as access to health and safety policies, procedures, guidance and templates.
Renewal of Health and Safety Service 1st April 2022 – 31st March 2023
Community / VC schools' free access automatically renews on 1st April 2022, therefore no action is required.
Schools who bought into the 2021/22 service will automatically roll over for a further period of 12 months unless school terminates their contract on or before Friday 31st January 2022. Click here for the 2022/23 SLA.
I am a Community or Voluntary Controlled School - How do I access this service?
You are automatically entitled to the services provided by the Corporate Health and Safety Team. If your secure area login doesn't allow you to access the Health and Safety pages, please contact the password team on firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, if you do not have a username/password, please complete the Secure Area Nomination Form and send to email@example.com to receive login details.
I am an Academy, Foundation, Voluntary Aided, Independent, Free School - How do I access this service?
Full details on the Service and how to buy in can be found here.
Why do I need this service?
All schools have a legal, moral and economic duty to ensure the safety of their pupils, employees, visitors, contractors and members of the public. Essex County Council's health and safety service will help you to ensure these duties are fulfilled.
What does the service include?
The health and safety service includes:
- A support desk offering advice and information on health & safety matters.
- Access to the secure health & safety area which contains policies, procedures, guidance, templates and forms.
- Updates on new legislation, HSE guidance and other health & safety news.
- Access to the online Health & Safety monitoring which goes live every November.
- Auditing and Inspections of Community and V/C Schools. Available at additional charge to paying schools.
For more information, contact the Health and Safety Team on HS@essex.gov.uk