Page last updated: 29/10/2018
Essex County Council's experienced team of Insurance Advisors provide a County-wide service for the insurance and risk management needs of all schools that "buy back" into the Council's programme.
The service provided by the Insurance Team will contribute towards:
- reducing the cost of losses to schools which in turn will help reduce any unnecessary negative budgetary implications;
- the effective management of risk, enabling the efficient use of limited resources;
- the availability of quality risk management and insurance advice.
The Insurance Team arranges insurance cover for those schools that "buy back".
How do I access this service?
All centrally insured schools that buy back into Essex County Council's Insurance Programme automatically have access to this service and they should already have a username and password. Only Academies insurance through the Essex County Council's Insurance Framework will have access to these pages and should also have login details upon joining the Framework.
As you will be aware, on becoming an academy you will be responsible for arranging your own insurances to cover a multitude of eventualities.
Essex County Council's Insurance Team is able to offer insurance for academies through our Academy Insurance Framework. The framework was put out to tender and the tender process satisfied the requirements of an OJEU (Official Journal of the European Union) tender, meaning we have already satisfied the needs of the EFA and therefore you are not required to obtain further quotes from other insurers. Zurich Municipal was the chosen bidder and so far over 130 academies have opted to insure through the framework.
Insuring through the Essex Academy Framework has the following benefits:
- experienced Insurance Advisors to deal with your insurance and operational risk management queries;
- significant premium reductions;
- insurance for the covers excluded by the RPA scheme;
- dedicated telephone number and email address;
- individual policy documentation and insurance certificates for each academy;
- free attendance at the Essex Academy Insurance Conference;
- free property survey to identify risk improvements to help mitigate losses.
If you are in the process of converting to an academy and are interested in the service we offer, please call the Insurance Team on 0333 013 9819 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any general enquiries, please contact the Insurance Team using the contact form below.