Schools Finance Team
This team has a statutory role in:
- calculating delegated funding for schools;
- monitoring schools' budgets;
- challenging and supporting schools in financial difficulties;
- monitoring the use of accumulated balances held by the schools;
- supporting the return of Consistent Financial Reports to the DfE.
You should contact this team if:
- you have a question regarding your school budget;
- you are a school in financial difficulties;
- you have questions about Consistent Financial Reporting.
You can also contact us using our team number: 0333013 8987
. If we are unable to answer your call, please note that this line will ring for 40 seconds before giving you the opportunity to leave a message. You can also email us at Finance.Monitoring@essex.gov.uk
If you are already logged in to the secure area, you can select the following links directly. If not, you can access the finance secure area homepage by clicking on the login button below.
- Latest Information - Links to the latest site content & news items
- School Funding - Information on funding allocations & the Essex funding formula
- School Returns - Guidance & forms for school returnsto the Local Authority
- Late Returns - Check these lists to see if we have received your returns by the published deadlines
- Finance Tools - A range of tools to help schools with budget planning and monitoring
- General Guidance - Information for schools on various issues including external bank accounts, school ledger code lists and CFR guidance, Finance Regulations
- Schools Procurement - Guidance for schools on procurement issues, including traded services offered by Essex County Council, leases & copyright licences
- Internal Audit & Counter-fraud
- Useful Contacts - A list of Local Authority contacts to help schools resolve transaction & funding queries