Schools Finance Team
This team has a statutory role in calculating delegated funding for schools and also in monitoring schools' budgets including challenging and supporting schools in financial difficulties; monitoring the use of accumulated balances held by the schools and supporting the return of Consistent Financial Reports to the DfE.
You should contact this team if either you have a question regarding your school budget, if you are a school in financial difficulties, or if you have questions related to the Consistent Financial Reporting requirements.
You can also contact us using our team number: 0333013 8987
. If we are unable to answer your call, please note that this line will ring for 40 seconds before giving you the opportunity to leave a message. Alternatively, you can email Finance.Monitoring@essex.gov.uk
If you are already logged in to the secure area, you can select the following links directly. If not, you can access the finance secure area homepage by clicking on the login button below.
- Latest Information - Links to the latest site content & news items
- School Funding - Information on current year funding allocations & the Essex funding formula, as well as archived funding information for previous years
- School Returns - Guidance & forms for returns that are submitted by school to the Local Authority
- Late Returns - Schools can refer to the lists in this section to check that their returns have been received by the stated deadlines
- Finance Tools - A range of tools that can be used by schools for budget planning and monitoring
- General Guidance - Information for schools on various issues including external bank accounts, school ledger code lists and CFR guidance, Finance Regulations & VAT guidance
- Schools Procurement - Guidance for schools on procurement issues, including traded services offered by Essex County Council, leases & copyright licences
- Internal Audit & Counter-fraud
- Useful Contacts - A list of Local Authority contacts that can be used by school to resolve transaction & funding queries