What is Occupational Health?
We are health professionals qualified in occupational health. Highly experienced in this field we specialise in the effects of work on an employee’s health and conversely the effect an employee’s health condition has on their ability to undertake or continue in their employed role. We provide objective advice to managers to enable them to manage an employee’s health situation in the workplace.
- NEW - CLACTON CLINIC. Due to the declining demand for our Clacton based clinic we will no longer be offering this service from 1st November. This clinic was offered in response to customer feedback but unfortunately the demand has not been sustained. Our nearest clinics will be in Chelmsford and Colchester or alternatively a telephone appointment can be requested if you are unable to travel.
- CHANGE TO COUNSELLING SERVICE PHONE NUMBER. From 1 August our counselling phone number will be changing to 03330 135859 Option 2, for the counselling service. We will now have a dedicated team answering all calls between 08:30am and 4:30pm Monday to Friday. To find out more please read Changes to our counselling service.
- REFERRAL FORM - 365 Office Users. If you are unable to submit the referral form electronically please save and send the form as an attachment to Occupational.Health@essex.gov.uk. Please do not hesitate to contact our administration team if you are experiencing any problems.
- TELEPHONE COUNSELLING. The Wellbeing team has now introduced a new telephone counselling service following customer feedback. This new service will provide easier access to the counselling service for those employees who do not live or work in and around Chelmsford. Telephone counselling is an effective way of conducting counselling. It can be just as effective as a face to face counselling and enables counsellors to cater for employees that cannot travel or are time restricted, and also reduces travel and parking costs. To find out more visit our Counselling page: Staff Counselling Service.
- Frequently Asked Questions- Following the launch of our new referral form here are the most frequently asked questions and answers to help you get the most from our new electronic process.
- New Referral Form - Access the latest version of our OH REFERRAL FORM.
- Egress Email System. Essex County Council are changing how they will be emailing Official-Sensitive information to external partners and customers. We are about to start using an email solution called Egress. Occupational Health are in the process of integrating this system and going forward will send all Occupational Health reports via this system. Egress will allow us to send sensitive information securely without having to password protect a document. In order to access our OH reports you will be required to sign up to Egress which is free to access and easy to apply. To find out more please see: Egress.doc
Useful Forms & Step by Step Guides:
We offer appointments to employees who are referred to us on other sites across the county including:
- Essex House in Colchester (twice weekly)
- Epping Registry Office, St John's Road, Epping (fortnightly)
- Ely House in Basildon (weekly)
- Magnet House in Clacton (fortnightly)
Details of Staff Counselling can be found on the Staff Counselling Service Infolink page.
Where can you find us?
Our main site is in B block County Hall in Chelmsford.