The Secure Area has been designed to ensure that the site has the capability to contain secure information, which also includes other areas/pages that are not accessible without a login and password. To get login and password details, you will need to submit a Secure Area Nomination Form which can be found on the homepage of Infolink.
The Safeguarding pages shave been designed to inform schools about their role in relation to safeguarding and to provide them with access to relevant information and resources to support them with this.
Education HR is part of Essex Education Services and offers advice and consultancy on employee relations issues. Education HR provides a dedicated advice line, model policies and a range of training packages.
The Finance team is a traded service offering a range of professional, high quality financial management services to schools and academies including a helpdesk, a range of training options (including courses and bespoke) and financial support services.
This page provides different services and resources that are available to support children with SEN in your school. There is also a weekly e-bulletin (that is in the weekly Education Essex newsletter) for SENCOs and those with an interest in SEN.
Health & Safety
The Health & Safety service is statutory for Community and Voluntary controlled schools. However, Academy, Foundation, Voluntary Aided and Independent Schools are able to buy into this service.
Education Essex Newsletter
Education Essex is the weekly e-newsletter sent out via email, every Monday to all Essex schools during term time, and is our primary communication channel with schools. You are able to subscribe to this so you receive it directly to you!
This page provides various information on what to do if a critical incident happens within your school.
Standards & Excellence Service
The Standards and Excellence Service aims to work in partnership with all Essex schools in the essential task of raising standards and narrowing the achievement gap between different groups and individuals. A SEC list is produced which can be found on the Standards and Excellence homepage, which shows you the Standards and Excellence Commissioner for your school.
EES for Schools
Frequently Asked Questions
Who do I contact at the Local Authority if Ofsted are inspecting my school?
Contact your Standards and Excellence Commissioner.
I can't access the secure area on Infolink. Who do I contact for a username and password?
For username and password queries, you should contact the password team on email@example.com
Who do I contact if there is a Critical Incident at my school?
You should contact the Schools Communication Team on 01245 434745. Further information can be found on the Critical Incidents page.
Who do I contact if I have Safeguarding concerns?
You will need to contact Jo Barclay, Schools Safeguarding Adviser on either Jo.Barclay@essex.gov.uk. Further information can be found on the Safeguarding page.
Where can I access Professional Development for staff?
Professional Development for staff can be accessed on the EES portal.
How does the Local Authority communicate with my school?
The weekly Education Essex newsletter that goes out to school, which all staff members are able to subscribe to.
Infolink is another communication method used for schools, providing various information and services.
Where can I access support and advice to ensure Health and Safety compliance?
Support and Advice is available from the Corporate Health & Safety Team. Guidance, policies, forms etc are on the Health & Safety pages of the Schools Infolink. Direct advice can be obtained through the Health & Safety support desk (telephone or email contact details below).
The Health & Safety pages are on the secure area of the Schools Infolink. There is no charge for Community or Voluntary controlled Schools (as ECC is the employer in terms of Health & Safety). Other schools can subscribe to the service.
Full details of the service and how to buy are available on the Health & Safety front page which does not sit in the secure area.
Corporate Health & Safety
HS@essex.gov.uk / 0333 013 9818
The School Bus
The SchoolBus offer schools a national perspective on all matters of schools management from governance to teaching. It's entirely solutions based and does not take users off site.
Unique features include:
- 3-minute Reads in PowerPoint style for ease of use with the Board of Governors / Trustees and SLT
- Unique bespoke document service via the Need Further Help offer that guarantees a turnaround in no more than 3 working days.
- 3,500 plus downloads on site.
- Harvard referenced information ready for immediate use without recourse to any 3rd party for permission
- Built in due diligence is part of the unique service to schools
- Information is made up from accurate up to date policy information and is not taken from other schools
- Single pricing point at £350 for a primary and £750 for a secondary
- No joining fees and no additional costs
- Enough licenses to meet all the schools demands
The Key provides impartial, trusted leadership and management support to nearly half of schools in England. The two information services and events help busy school leaders and governors work with increased confidence, knowledge and capacity.
School leaders and governors can trust and depend on the key. They are the market leader and have been supporting schools since 2007, so their knowledge base, experience and reach into the sector are unparalleled. Their expertise, rigorous approach to quality and complete independence mean that school leaders and governors can fully rely on them for support that intelligently matches their needs.
Members of The Key for School Leaders and The Key for School Governors have access to:
- 4,500+ online articles, with information and resources on all aspect of school leadership and governance.
- 1,500+ examples of policies from schools and other organisations
- Downloadable template forms, reports and checklists
- Case studies from the teaching school partners and insights from national leaders of governance
- QuickReads summarising new government policies and legislation
- Unlimited 'Ask the Expert' service
- Help with preparing for Ofsted inspections
- Need-to-know alerts, and both daily and weekly round-ups of the latest education news
- Exclusive video clips of expert talks from events
- Discounts on conferences and training courses from The Key