Inclusive Communication Essex (ICE) is an ECC service that aims to meet the communication needs of people with speech and language difficulties.
ICE firmly believe that everyone can communicate. Part of the offering is to help parents, carers and professionals who support someone with communication difficulties to find the right language. This is done through:
- Communication equipment (AAC) loan service - this is free of charge and available to children, adults, families and schools. ICE has a range of high and low tech equipment that can be borrowed from any library in Essex. The resources can be borrowed for up to 8 weeks at a time. The catalogue of communication equipment can be found on the ICE website.
- A dedicated accessible website
- Consultancy, support and advice on all matters regarding accessibility and communication
- Communication focussed events; Sharing Day, Sensory Stories during libraries Summer Reading Challenge, etc.
- Sensory Wall (Loughton and Basildon libraries). It is unique to Essex to have a sensory station within a public library, enabling inclusion of children with all abilities. This is free, open to the public and available for bookings.
The ICE Team can visit teams and/or parent groups with information and equipment demonstrations.